A game for up to 7 players, one player becomes the Cat and the others become the Mice.
The Cat controls the play. The players who are the Mice place their pieces on the clock printed on the play mat, nose inwards and in a circle. The Mouse’s bottom, where the tail joins the body, should be just inside the circle with the tails outside. The Cat rolls the special dice on the table, the colour on top indicates which Mouse is to STOP STILL – they cannot move and will be caught. The Mice players who can move take hold of the end of their tails. Now the Mice all chant “What’s the time Kitty Cat?” to which the Cat replies “The Clock Strikes (any number from 1 to 12)”, if the Cat shouts “One!” all the Mice (that are allowed to move) attempt to escape capture by whipping their Mouse away before the Cat traps them under the bowl.
The Mice cannot move, and the Cat cannot trap, on any other number shouted but “One!”
When the Cat shouts “One!” he or she can whip the bowl down quickly once only in an attempt to catch as many Mice as they can. The body of a Mouse must be inside the bowl completely to claim capture.
After taking scores the Mice are replaced in the circle for the next throw. The fun will be fast and furious.
Score as follows:-
- Each player, including the Cat, starts with 100 points.
- Each Mouse escaping capture adds 10 points to their score each time.
- Each Mouse captured loses 10 points each time.
- Each Mouse who moves when they are not correct in doing so (perhaps they should be the one to STOP STILL or the Cat has shouted any other number but “One!” loses 10 points.
- For every Mouse captured by the Cat – 5 points to the Cat.
- When the Cat fails to capture any Mouse on a throw he or she loses 10 points .
- When a player’s score reaches zero they retire from the game. Last player in is the winner.
- If the Cat has to retire from the game before the last Mouse, then the Mouse with the highest score is the winner.
Alternatively, set a time, say 10/15 minutes for a game, the player with the highest score is the winner.
Set up again, each player in turn becomes the Cat.